Saturday, September 20, 2014

Book - The Maze Runner

It's Monday everybody!
I know I know.... It's nobody's favorite day. But, we all have to get up and start the week. So, I thought I would start my blog off on this day and write my first blog post about something i'm really loving right now.

I am absolutely LIVING right now for The Maze Runner. When I first read this book at the beginning of last year I was in love with this book. I read through it so fast and got and read the next two books within a couple of days. I was essentially no good to the world for about a week. lol

The Maze Runner is a book about a boy named Thomas. At the beginning of the book, Thomas wakes up in a dark box with no memory of his past life. The only thing he can remember is his name. He emerges from the box and finds himself in a huge place called the glade. Surrounding the glade is the maze filled with horrible creatures called grievers.

He soon finds out that he isn't the only boy this has happened to. A new boy arrives at the glade every 30 days until the last time when a happens to be a girl holding a mysterious note. It's at that point that things start to change in the glade and they're frantically trying to figure out what the purpose is for them being there and how to escape.

I am a huge fan of dystopian books and movies and this one did not disappoint. I will gladly recommend this book to anyone.

Right after I read The Maze Runner, I looked it up because I just knew with all my heart that this needed to be a movie. Ever since then, I've been following the making of the movie and since it came out yesterday, I've been freaking out.

I will be going to see the movie soon, once I get the money lol

For now, I'm going to curl up and read the Maze Runner once again, with my drink of half iced tea half lemonade in my tigger mug.

Have a wonderful day! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com